Friday, October 12, 2007

Brother

Baby Ungarski and Normin

My parents had to put down Stormin Normin today. He was my "brother" for 16 and a half years and a pretty cool cat.

We got Normin in 1991 on the day (or close to it) desert storm broke out (hence his name stormin normin). My dad was an achor at KGWN in Cheyenne and they did a segment called "Little Orphan Animal." Me and my sister happened to be watching the news that day and this little furball cat was one of the animals. We immediately called my dad and left messages for him to bring the cat home. My mom was like "oh hells no." For some reason we had to go pick my dad up from work that day and he came out with a little bulge under his jacket. My mom was not impressed, but me and Jen were thrilled!

He was a good cat...but managed to get into trouble with the neighbors quite a bit (his hunting tendencies were pretty strong) and at one time had a run-in with a skunk. For a while he thought this musical cat my mom had was his mom...he'd cuddle up to it. He was an outdoor cat for a while and then the neighbors got on his case so we tried to put him on a leash outside...don't ask me how but he got out of the collar when we tried that stupid idea...and he became an inside cat. He took Huddle (Jen's cat) and Ungarski (my cat) under his wing when they came to live with us...and managed to tolerate Little Freak (aka E my mom's cat ;-).

Anyways, it's a sad day but Normin was a good buddy and he'll always be loved by me!

Baby Normin

Here is an obit penned by Bjorn:

"Stormin" Norman Olson passed away today, he was 16 1/2 years. Norman was the loving son of Brian and Ronda Olson, and was born in Cheyenne, WY in 1991.

Norman was known among family and friends as a pretty "cool cat." His favorite pass times included chasing birds, getting attacked by birds, biting neighborhood children and being a mentor to his nephews Huddle, Ungar and E.

In his later years, Norman spent much of time time eating, sleeping, shedding and going potty without ever touching the kitty litter.

Norman is survived by his parents Brian and Ronda, sisters Jennifer and Brea, brother-in-law Brian, his niece Morgan and nephews Huddle, Ungar, E. and Stetson. He also had another niece named Parker. They weren't very close.

He will be missed.

Burial arrangements are pending.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that anyone who came across Norman in their lives, to raise a toast in his honor.

E and Normin

No comments: