Sunday, April 13, 2008

I heart JTT.

The subject is a reference to Jonathan Taylor Thomas...an homage of sorts to my recent home improvement...get it? Home improvement? Last month I painted my bedroom...it was tough work and an all day project...darn those textured walls.

Bedroom before (too lazy to go back and rotate the pic) and after.

This weekend, I did some landscaping in my front "yard." The folks who sold our units did a horrible job at xeriscaping and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't keep it looking nice. It just looked like a jumbled, overgrown, mess (if you need proof, check out the current state of my neighbors.). I originally got estimates for someone to come do this for me, but after the average was $300 I decided to do it myself. And by myself I mean conning my parents into helping me. Thanks peeps!

The ugly jumbled mess that is the "before" picture and the nice clean "after" picture

I am basically attempting to kill everything and in the next few weeks will be adding some big pots of plants/trees to spruce the place up a bit. I didn't want to pave the whole thing in because I do like the "natural" element. It'll look good once my full vision has been implemented so stay tuned...and any "signs of life" better watch out because I'm coming after you with weed killer. (I love the environment and plants...I swear...they just didn't work well in my small plot 'o land.)

No comments: